Skip to main content
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
The New FFTA
Board of Directors
Benefits of Membership
What Is Treatment Foster Care?
Research & Outcomes
Save the Date
Call for Proposals
2017 Talking Points
Annual Giving Campaign
Foster Parent Scholarship Fund
The Kinship Treatment Foster Care Initiative Toolkit
The Family Focused Treatment Association (FFTA) is excited to present The Kinship Treatment Foster Care Initiative Toolkit.
In 2013, FFTA began an initiative to promote kinship treatment foster care and to encourage public and private agency dialogue to address the social, emotional and behavioral challenges of children living with kin.
The Kinship Treatment Foster Care Initiative Toolkit is a collection of what we've learned through research, summits, professional expertise, and tried-and-true strategies. It was developed for FFTA members and their public agency partners to be a practical resource to create strategies that will engage and support kin who are caring for children and youth with treatment needs.
Download the toolkit
What's in the Toolkit?
• Establishing public/private partnerships for kinship treatment foster care
• Making the case for treatment foster care with kinship families
• Barriers to kinship treatment foster care
• Kinship TFC in action across the country-tips from the field
• Clinical considerations in working with relative caregivers
• Kinship outcomes review-findings from the literature
• Checklist for planning a kinship treatment foster care initiative
• Resources for conducting a Kinship Treatment Foster Care Summit
• Useful kinship resources
• ...and more
Download the FFTA Kinship Toolkit
(Adobe PDF File)